INBEE PARK WINS LPGA THAILAND 2013

Written By Unknown on Monday 25 February 2013 | 07:58

Thai teenager sensation Ariya Jutanugarn,
who played the LPGA Thailand tournament exceptionally well, could have been the
winner if only did not slip up and triple bogey on the last hole at the final
day of the tournament which then let Inbee Park of South Korea took advantage
of overnight leader Ariya Jutanugarn's to secure a one-stroke victory in the
LPGA Thailand.



Park, who won both the LPGA money title and
Vare Trophy last year, had six birdies in her first 11 holes Sunday and
finished the tournament at 12-under 276. At the time she was two strokes behind
third-round leader Ariya Jutanugarn but the Thai teenager suffered a
triple-bogey 8 at the final hole. That included missing a 3-foot putt that
would have forced a playoff with Park. Jutanugarn ended up second at 11-under.



The LPGA Thailand staged at beautiful Siam
Country Club, Old Golf Course Pattaya, Chonburi.  There were plenty of spectators and Honda
sponsoring the tournament making it as colorful and enjoyable as possible. Stacy
Lewis from the Woodlands TX made a great opening to the event by ending the
first day 9-under-par 63, playing great golf and underlining her dominance in
the day. A lot more drama was yet to follow as more experienced players are
tent to get wormed up to the occasion in the following days of the event.



Top-ranked Yani Tseng of Taiwan shot a
final-round 63 to finish another stroke back in joint third with Beatriz Recari
of Spain (70) and So Yeon Ryu of South Korea (68).



The fourth-ranked Park finished with a 67
for a 12-under 276 total, with Jutanugarn a shot back after a 72. It was the fourth LPGA win for the 24-year-old Park after
her most recent in the 2012 Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia last October. "I just
didn't' expect this kind of finish," said Park, adding that she
sympathized with Jutanagarn. "If I was in Ariya's situation, I would be
very, very nervous and I don't' think I would have handled the pressure until
the last hole. I think she handled the pressure well today and this week. Just
the last day, I just think it's going to happen. I think something like this
happening is just experience under her belt. She's going to be a great player
later on."



Teenager Sensation Ariya Jutanugarn stated that "I was really disappointed because I
went onto the course hoping to win not for myself but for the whole
country," Jutanugarn said. "A lot of people came to support me and
wanted to see me win. But I didn't make it. However, I was so happy that they
still supported me even I didn't live up to their expectations."



A great opportunity was missed for the young Thai as she
could have achieved what is not done before but none the less she and all Thais
are proud as the 17 year old played a great tournament in her home country just
lost to a very good golfer. There is no doubt that Ariya produced the best shot
of the tournament on the 12th hole as she chipped the ball right in
to the hole which is a great highlight of this experienced event and she will
only be back stronger and win the title soon.



 



The LPGA Tour now moves to Singapore for the
HSBC Women
's Champions event.


Article source: http://www.thethailandlinks.com/2013/02/25/inbee-park-wins-lpga-thailand-2013/

0 comments:

Post a Comment