Ariya Jutanugarn failed to join her sister Moriya in the LPGA season-opening Australian Open following a dismal qualifying result at the Federal Golf Club in Canberra yesterday.
Arriving under-prepared, Ariya carded one-over-par 73 at the one-day qualifier, missing out on one of the four tickets on offer for the US$1.2-million tournament, which starts tomorrow.
"I went to the course without any chance to practise as I only arrived in Canberra on Monday afternoon," said the 17-year-old, who had to catch a flight plus a connection from Christchurch, where she finished joint 25th in the New Zealand Open last week.
"I didn't play well. I was disappointed with my putts," added Ariya, who has opted not support elder sister Moriya, playing her first LPGA as a pro this week in Australia. Ariya will instead fly back to Thailand today to begin preparations for next week's LPGA Thailand at the Siam Country Club Pattaya.
"It's too bad I can't be there for her. I really need to get back home and work on my game, especially my putting, before the LPGA Thailand in Pattaya.
Ariya won the Ladies European Tour qualifying school last December in Morocco and teed off her season two weeks ago in the Volvik RACV Ladies Masters in Queensland, where she finished second.
Latest stories in this category
- Stealing a kiss from Stevie G among precious memories for..
- Liverpool manager Brendan Rogers will want to..
- Ariya fails in bid to join sister at Aust Open
- Jailed ref says "almost impossible" to stop..
We Recommend
- Nok Air calendar "inappropriate"
- Culture Permanent Secretary Prisana..
- Cops demand money from shopowner in front of..
- Porn Industry takes centre stage at Berlin film..
Comments conditions
Users are solely responsible for their comments.We reserve the right to remove any comment and revoke posting rights for any reason withou prior notice.
Article source: http://www.thethailandlinks.com/2013/02/13/ariya-fails-in-bid-to-join-sister-at-aust-open/
0 comments:
Post a Comment